Here’s what’s guaranteed to fail:
- Starving. Everyone knows that eating too much will make you fat but starving won’t make up for years of overeating. The good news is that we won’t ask you to starve but we will ask you to be a little uncomfortable.
- Saying things like its 30% training and 70% diet. This is frankly the biggest piece of bullshit ever. To change anything in life you have to be 100% at everything you do. Saying its only 30% in the gym is guaranteed to give you permission to skip workouts and sandbag the ones you actually find time to do. The next biggest piece of crap ever is “I eat 80% paleo”. Whats the other 20% doughnuts, Costco Churros* and Beer?
- Failing to plan. Ok here we go again everyone has heard it a million times that failing to plan is planning to fail. I’ve also heard the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Making a statement of desire without a plan and way to track progress (or lack thereof) is a waste of your time, money and energy.
- Failing to stick to the plan. Enough said.
- Avoiding the scale. Lets say you have a perfectly designed diet, follow it perfectly and the pounds aren’t coming off or worse you’re still gaining weight. If the scale isn’t moving the calories are probably still too high or you aren’t following the plan.
- Low intensity workouts. I love any type of exercise that gets people off the couch and moving. However when you choose a gym or workout you have to ask if the workout fits your goals. If your goal is to get off the couch, get moving, sweat a little and reduce stress just about anything will do. BUT if your goal is drop fat and keep it off the intensity has to be high enough and frequent enough to cause the body to adapt. CrossFit and Kettlebell training work because they are very intense and frankly really hard. The intensity isn’t for everyone but for those who thrive on it will get faster and better results than anyone else.
- Eating Crap. This is the number one reason most Americans are carrying too much weight. Cheap boxes of carbs and fast food will put your daily calories in the red zone faster than anything else. For a lot of you making a plan to stop eating crap, sugar drinks and start showing up to CrossFit 3-4x a week may be all it takes.
So hope to see you at Sundays kickoff. We will outline how to create and track your plan so you will get the results you started working out in the first place for.
The entry fee is only $20 cash and I’m giving all of that back to the winners. We will have both male and female categories for weight loss and fat loss.
Sign up sheet is on the desk. If you aren’t currently a member of CrossFit I35 we have some nice incentives for you to either join or come back. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 913.205.8338
Lift Heavy and Move Fast My Friends
Head Coach CrossFit I35
*A single Churro at Costco is 410 calories and 51 grams of carbs. Source CalorieKing.com